The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has returned $4,040 to a Brazilian lady who was scammed by an internet fraudster.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has returned a sum of $4040 to a Brazilian lady after she was scammed by a yahoo boy.
A statement by the EFCC’s Head, Media and Publicity, Dele Oyewale, said the Brazilian, Debora Moreira, had acknowledged the receipt of the money.
According to Oyewale, the money was recovered by the Port Harcourt Zonal Office of the anti-graft agency from one Emmanuel Tope, a convicted fraudster.
Tope was said to have defrauded Moreira of the money through a romance scam.
“EFCC commenced investigation of the scam in March 2019 and successfully recovered the money, prosecuted and got the fraudster convicted.
“The proceeds of crime was remitted into the victim’s account with Bank Itau S/A, Rua Ameirico Brasiliense, through the Central Bank of Nigeria,” Oyewale said.
Subscribe to NEWS POINT via Email
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
From NEWS POINT
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of NEWS POINT. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA Palavar