Sultan of Sokoto Muhammadu Sa’advert Abubakar III has urged spiritual leaders to advertise their views with warning to keep away from heating up the polity forward of the overall elections.
He deplored the way in which some clerics predict the winners of elections, saying the development may trigger a disaster, particularly if the proclaimed candidate loses.
The Sultan, who can be President of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, acknowledged this in the course of the second common meeting of the Interfaith Dialogue Forum for Peace (IDFP) in Abuja yesterday.
He regretted that politicians had been creating a lot stress within the nation. According to him, since spiritual leaders know that energy comes from God, they need to pray that their most popular candidates win fairly than promote out to vote seekers.
He mentioned: “As spiritual leaders, we needs to be cautious about what we are saying to our followers in church buildings and mosques, taking into consideration that we are going to all, at some point, stand earlier than Allah and account for our deeds. We ought to by no means permit ourselves for use by any political get together or candidate. If you wish to help any get together or candidates, do it personally.
“Religious leaders should preach love for one another and do whatever they do with the fear of God. President Buhari has given assurances that the elections will be free and fair. But are the security agencies and politicians ready?”
Also, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Rev. Dr Samson Ayokunle urged politicians to shun desperation. He enjoined the citizens to not vote for individuals who haven’t any different technique of livelihood in addition to politics. He known as on the police and different safety businesses to be honest to all events.
While urging the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to ship a reputable election, he regretted that some folks within the northeast wouldn’t be capable to vote because of the insurgency. “They will be disfranchised. We should provide security for people,” he mentioned.
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals