President Muhammadu Buhari has summoned members of the All Progressives Congress within the Senate to an emergency assembly on the Presidential Villa on Monday (at present) over the suspension of the embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.
Onnoghen who’s dealing with six counts of false property declaration filed in opposition to him by the Code of Conduct Bureau was suspended on Friday by President Buhari based mostly on an ex parte order granted by the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
Buhari’s assembly with the APC governors will happen forward of the Senate emergency resumption on Tuesday (tomorrow) the place selections are anticipated to be taken on Onnoghen’s suspension by the President.
The APC senators’ assembly with the President, it was gathered, would take a place to counter the anticipated condemnation of the CJN’s suspension by the members of the opposition within the Senate on Tuesday.
However, the assembly which goes to carry on the Banquet Hall, is being tagged as a dinner. Invitations to the assembly have been signed by the Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, who can also be the Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi.
A supply near the organisers of the assembly who spoke with certainly one of our correspondents, stated the nationwide management of the APC would additionally attend the assembly.
He stated other than the senators and the APC leaders, some APC governors had additionally been invited to the assembly.
He stated, “You know that the Senate management belongs to the principle opposition social gathering, the Peoples Democratic Party. The social gathering by itself has taken a place on this matter.
“So, we need to talk to our members in the Senate and impress it on them not to allow Saraki to impose his personal opinion on them.”
Also, members of the APC Caucus within the House of Representatives have scheduled an emergency assembly for Monday (at present).
The Majority Leader, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, referred to as the assembly, in response to a textual content message circulating among the many lawmakers on Sunday.
“Honourable colleagues, there will be a meeting of the APC caucus tomorrow, Monday, at 4pm. Venue is the White House Hearing Room 1. Thank you. Femi Gbajabiamila,” the message sighted by certainly one of Punch’s correspondents learn
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals