Governor Nasir el- Rufai of Kaduna State says he’s conscious that 67 per cent of Christians in southern Kaduna won’t vote for him within the governorship election even when he picks the Pope as his operating mate.
He added that there was a necessity for competence to be given precedence forward of faith and ethnicity, therefore his choice to run with a Muslim/Muslim ticket within the 2019 governorship election.
El – Rufai, who was a visitor on Channels TV ’ s Sunrise Daily programme on Thursday , stated Nigeria must divorce faith from politics.
The governor, who’s a Muslim, had come beneath harsh criticisms from the Christian Association of Nigeria and different pursuits teams for choosing a Muslim as operating mate.
El – Rufai, who’s the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, stated even his outgoing deputy, Yusuf Bala Bantex, who’s a Christian, was handled like an outcast as a result of he was within the APC .
Defending his motion, nonetheless, el- Rufai stated , “What if I inform you that irrespective of who I select as my operating mate, even when I select the Pope, 67 per cent of the Christians in southern Kaduna have made up their minds that they are going to by no means vote for me.
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals