Following backlash of plagiarism by the social media community after the Muhammadu Buhari reelection campaign logo surfaced online, the All Progressive Congress, APC has rejected it’s campaign logo after it was found out that it had copied work of an Associate professor in a US university.
This move of the ruling party is an unprecedented one in the history of the nation and it was the only logo of the campaign which was tweeted by the President himself.
Appearing and speaking on African Independent Television, AIT on Tuesday, Spokesperson for the Buhari Campaign Organisation, Festus Keyamo, SAN accused the supporters of the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP of designing the campaign logo.
Despite Keyamo’s dismissal of the plagiarized campaign logo, it was still seen on Tuesday night on the President’s twitter handle.
While the original logo for next level by the Winthrop University ’s Rex Institute for Educational Renewal and Partnerships, located in South Carolina , United States was black and burgundy, Buhari’s was incorporated green.
Reacting to the plagiarized logo, several Nigerians took to social media to bash the Buhari , Keyamo and the ruling All Progressives Congress for putting the blame on the PDP .
Anthony Ehilebo stated, “What kind of #NextLevel is Buhari promising us? Your logo is plagiarised!
Your official campaign logo . See ehn, I have learnt to act on what people show me about themselves : Plagiarising kind of people. Dishonest lot . #NextLevel 419 . One chance kind of people . ”
Similarly , Jack Robinson said, “ Festus Keyamo went on TV to accuse PDP of creating that logo when Buhari ’s official Twitter account posted it first . How does that add up ? Who’ s this guy ?”
Gen Vladimir also contributed saying, “ They ’ve not won re – election and they’re already denying their logo . Same logo sent from the verified accounts of Buhari . Do I need to say more ?”
While referencing the President ’s tweet with the controversial logo , Oyewole Michael stated , “ Dear Broda Festus Keyamo @fkeyamo , since you claimed on @aitkakaaki that it was PDP who redesigned your original logo and called us fraud , OK, Buhari is also a PDP member , shey? This is the same logo you claimed is not for the APC . Oga, days of propagandist campaigns are over!”
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals