The nationwide council of state has authorized N27, 000 as the brand new minimal wage.
The council gave the approval at its first assembly of the yr on Tuesday.
Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, stated the federal authorities will improve the authorized quantity to 30,000 for employees within the federal civil service.
The minister stated state governors are at liberty so as to add to the authorized quantity in the event that they so want.
In December 2018, the tripartite committee had beneficial N30, 000 as minimal wage.
Reacting, state governors had mounted N22, 500 as the quantity they may comfortably pay their employees.
Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo, head, media and public affairs of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), had stated “times are hard and because of financial constraints and other limitations” many states can not afford N30, 000.
He had stated: “The N22,500 was arrived at, after in depth deliberations amongst all 36 governors, outlining their monetary capacities and liquidity, contemplating the financial state of affairs of the nation and the states’ different obligations to the vast majority of the individuals of their numerous domains.
“Governors also emphasized that N22,500 is a ‘baseline threshold’, meaning that any governor who can pay more than N22.500 is therefore free to go ahead and do so.”
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals