The Delta State Governor, Sen Ifeanyi Okowa has asked the Nigeria Police Force to curb the kidnapping and other criminal activities in the country.
Speaking while receiving the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 5, Mr Alkali Usman who is on a familiarization tour of police formations across the zone, the governor said, “There is no doubt that Delta State is relatively peaceful, but, kidnapping has become a national issue and it is very unfortunate.”
“Most of the kidnappings that takes place happen in the highways and that is a cause for worry.
He continued, “road users who travel receive a lot of attacks and that has become very worrisome; it is getting scary and soon, we will not be able to travel without seeking some form of help from the security agencies and I know that there is not enough man power to be able to provide protection for all travellers.”
“We heard recently that Reverend Fathers were attacked, I have talked with the Commissioner of Police and a lot is being done but, I believe that there is the need to involve our neighbouring Commands like Edo, Bayelsa and even Anambra States for us to be able to find solutions to this particular crime; we need to gather a lot of intelligence as I strongly believe that these criminals are mobile as they move from one location to another,” he observed.
- NSITF BOARD: Delisting My Name As Board Chairman Is An Act of Oppression by Ngige – Comrade Kokori
- FORUM SEND SOS TO WORLD BANK ON CONSTRUCTION OF DELTA EROSION, FLOOD SITES
- BREAKING : Buhari finally Signs N30,000 New Minimum Wage.
- BREAKING: Onnoghen Guilty, CCT Bars Him From Public Office For 10 Years [ see full details]
- Ongoing Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited April 2019
- See the Photo of Nigerian footballer, Arrested In India With Hard Drugs
- Exxon Mobil 2019 Entry-Level Apprentice Program
- NESTLÉ NIGERIA TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME 2019 – AGBARA FACTORY
- VIDEO : Lizzy the cocaine Addict
- Akpabio, APC Leaders Fights over Ministerial Appointment