A fire accident has occurred at the Wuse 2 office of the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission in Abuja.
The fire which started on Monday night had men of the Federal Fire Service, FFS, Wuse Zonal office successfully subdued the inferno that almost razed down the Wuse 2 Zonal office of the EFCC.
“The fire fighters led by the Sector Commander, Melone Onyekachi, arrived the Wuse 2 office of the Commission when the Service was alerted of the fire by the Incident Duty Officer of the Commission, Kayode Oyetunde at 1910 hours.
“The fire started at the former newsroom which now serves as storage for ICT equipments that were retrieved from the commission former offices scattered across the Capital City. The former newsroom is domiciled in the two Storey Costa Hall which was commissioned by Dr. Antonio Maria Costa on 13th November 2007. The building currently houses the Data Centre and the Combined Inter Agency Task Force.
“When asked what could have caused the fire, Mr. Onyekachi said, “Our duty is to put off the fire; that we have successfully done. There is another department that will come and ascertain the cause of the fire”, he explained.
“Two officers attached to the Combined Inter-Agency Task force who were trapped on the second floor of the building were successfully rescued before the fire was eventually subdued. The extent of the damage would be ascertained after stock taking.
“The Commission’s Chief Security Officer, CSO, Nasir Abdullahi, DSP immediately after the fire was curtailed, went to the Maitama Police Station to incident the fire outbreak. Policemen from the station who followed him to the commission, however, promised to return for further enquiry.
“Management and officers of the Commission who were on ground to concertedly subdue the fire were: the Supervisory Secretary, Mr. Chile Okoroma; Director, Finance and Accounts, Jubril Manigi; Zonal Head of Operation, Mohammed Rabo; DD, Admin, N.T Ibrahim; Head of Legal, Kabir Latona; Head of ICT, Isah J. Abdullahi among others,” the statement added.
EFCC spokesman Tony Orilade confirmed the incident.
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals