There was pandemonium on Monday in Ijero-Ekiti, headquarters of Ijero Local Government Area of Ekiti State where a gang of armed robbers attacked a branch of Access bank.
According to reports, the robbers killed two policemen, a bank worker and passersby during the attack which took place at about 4.30 pm few minutes after the bank had officially closed for work.
Apart from those killed in the attack, other bank workers and some customers at Automated Teller Machine (ATM) gallery sustained injuries.
It was gathered that the robbers announced their arrival with gun shots which frightened residents scampering for safety.
The bandits reportedly blew the bank’s security door with dynamite to gain access into the baking hall.
They were said to have made away with unspecified amount of money during the raid which was said to have lasted for about an hour.
The heavy shooting by the robbers paralysed transportation, economic and social activities.
- NSITF BOARD: Delisting My Name As Board Chairman Is An Act of Oppression by Ngige – Comrade Kokori
- FORUM SEND SOS TO WORLD BANK ON CONSTRUCTION OF DELTA EROSION, FLOOD SITES
- BREAKING : Buhari finally Signs N30,000 New Minimum Wage.
- BREAKING: Onnoghen Guilty, CCT Bars Him From Public Office For 10 Years [ see full details]
- Ongoing Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited April 2019
- See the Photo of Nigerian footballer, Arrested In India With Hard Drugs
- Exxon Mobil 2019 Entry-Level Apprentice Program
- NESTLÉ NIGERIA TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME 2019 – AGBARA FACTORY
- VIDEO : Lizzy the cocaine Addict
- Akpabio, APC Leaders Fights over Ministerial Appointment