The Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, has debunked media stories that his residence was on Tuesday, invaded by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Justice Onnoghen whereas reacting to the report which has continued to realize traction in a number of social media platforms, Senior Special Adviser to the CJN on media, Mr. Awassam Bassey, described it as a false alarm.
“I really don’t know where they got the information from. So many media men were here earlier with cameras over the same report. But what I can tell you for now is that there was no such thing. It is false news”
Meanwhile, many social media customers that shared the story had attributed it to a publish that originated from the previous Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode. Fani-Kayode had within the stated publish, requested President Muhammadu Buhari to right away name off EFCC from Onnoghen’s residence.
He wrote: “Why have the EFCC surrounded the house of CJN Onnoghen and why are they in search of to arrest him?
“These people want Nigeria to burn! Buhari call off your dogs before it is too late! “This is a democracy and not a gestapo state! In the name of God let this madness stop.”
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals