Governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, Senator Hope Uzodimma has been arrested by The Special Presidential Investigation Panel For Recovery of Public Property at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Sunday.
Uzodimma, a serving senator representing Imo West Senatorial District was arrested for the failure of his company to execute the Calabar tunnel dredging contract worth $12m, Punch reported.
According to the recovery panel chairman, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, the lawmaker had been evading arrest for about a year now after the breach of the contract awarded to him by the Nigerian Ports Authority.
“This evening, at about 8.20pm, operatives of the Special Presidential Investigation Panel For Recovery of Public Property at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport arrested the APC governorship candidate in Imo State, Hope Uzodinma, after disembarking from an Air Peace P47324 flight from Lagos.
“The panel is investigating economic sabotage against Senator Uzodinma arising out of the failure of his company to execute a contract of $12m for the dredging of Calabar channel awarded by the NPA.” the statement read.
- NSITF BOARD: Delisting My Name As Board Chairman Is An Act of Oppression by Ngige – Comrade Kokori
- FORUM SEND SOS TO WORLD BANK ON CONSTRUCTION OF DELTA EROSION, FLOOD SITES
- BREAKING : Buhari finally Signs N30,000 New Minimum Wage.
- BREAKING: Onnoghen Guilty, CCT Bars Him From Public Office For 10 Years [ see full details]
- Ongoing Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited April 2019
- See the Photo of Nigerian footballer, Arrested In India With Hard Drugs
- Exxon Mobil 2019 Entry-Level Apprentice Program
- NESTLÉ NIGERIA TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME 2019 – AGBARA FACTORY
- VIDEO : Lizzy the cocaine Addict
- Akpabio, APC Leaders Fights over Ministerial Appointment