The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) stated it might devolve Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) assortment to Registration Areas and Wards throughout the nation, from Jan. 16.
The fee stated in a press release by Mr Festus Okoye, National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, on Friday, in Abuja, that the deadline for assortment of PVCs was Feb. 8.
The assertion stated that call on the problem was taken on the fee’s weekly assembly held on Thursday in Abuja.
It recalled that INEC carried out Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) between April 27, 2017 and Aug. 31, 2018 throughout which a complete of 14, 281,734 new voters had been registered.
It said that subsequently, the fee printed the PVCs of the brand new registrants and delivered them to the states.
It stated, “Collection of PVCs by the general public which is being achieved presently on the Commission’s Local Government places of work is to be devolved to the 8,809 Registration Areas/Wards from Jan. 16 to Jan. 21 (together with Saturday and Sunday).
“After Jan. 21 assortment of PVCs will revert to the Commission’s Local Government Offices and different designated centres to be decided by the states till Feb. 8, being the final day for assortment.
“There will probably be no extension for the gathering of PVCs after Feb.8. All uncollected PVCs will probably be retrieved and stored in a secured place till the final elections are over.
“There shall be no collection of PVCs by proxy.”
The fee stated that within the spirit of transparency, it might give account of the variety of PVCs collected and the steadiness from earlier registrations.
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals