A Lagos Police officer who is said to be the Station Officer at the Onilekere police station, Ikeja, reportedly led a robbery gang which robbed a Delta firm of N30m.
While his name is withheld as detectives are still on the trail of his gang members, it was gathered that the Lagos Police Officer was arrested two weeks ago following a confession by an informant. The Lagos Police officer who got N6.5 million from the N30 million robbery attack, was tipped off on the possibility of robbing a drugs company in Delta State and given a detailed inside information by an informant, after which he mobilized other gang members to carry out the operation.
However after the police officer and the gang, armed with AK-47 rifles taken from his police station had a successful operation, he returned to his beat a contented man and gave the informant a paltry sum out of the whole lot.
Saturday Sun reported that the informant who pretended to be happy with his own cut, headed for the Ikeja Lagos office of the Inspector General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) to bare it all to officers where he complained bitterly about how he was cheated in a deal that was supposed to be shared equally.
The informant was arrested and further information was gotten from him.
Thereafter the Police Inspector’s phone number was put on tracker, while his office at Onilekere police station in Area G division was quietly contacted.
It was gathered that the Lagos Police who got to know what was going on at IRT, alerted his gang members and instructed them to relocate and await further instruction from him, unknown to him that his phone conversation was being monitored by detectives. However he caved in and subsequently named his gang members, including the informant that leaked the robbery as much heat was placed on him.
Lagos Police spokesperson, Chike Oti, who confirmed the incident further disclosed that it is being investigated by detectives attached to the IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and if the officer is found culpable, he will face dismissal.
- NSITF BOARD: Delisting My Name As Board Chairman Is An Act of Oppression by Ngige – Comrade Kokori
- FORUM SEND SOS TO WORLD BANK ON CONSTRUCTION OF DELTA EROSION, FLOOD SITES
- BREAKING : Buhari finally Signs N30,000 New Minimum Wage.
- BREAKING: Onnoghen Guilty, CCT Bars Him From Public Office For 10 Years [ see full details]
- Ongoing Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited April 2019
- See the Photo of Nigerian footballer, Arrested In India With Hard Drugs
- Exxon Mobil 2019 Entry-Level Apprentice Program
- NESTLÉ NIGERIA TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME 2019 – AGBARA FACTORY
- VIDEO : Lizzy the cocaine Addict
- Akpabio, APC Leaders Fights over Ministerial Appointment