A Bank Verification Number (BVN) search carried out have uncovered extra financial institution accounts belonging to the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, The Nation reported.
The banks are Standard Chartered Bank, Union Bank and Heritage Bank, in keeping with the preliminary report on the actions of Onnoghen by the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) and sister businesses.
Detectives are understood to have written the three banks for particulars of transactions on the alleged accounts of the suspended CJN.
Further investigation into Onnoghen’s accounts however, the United States of America, the United Kingdom and the European Commission (EU) yesterday urged warning on the a part of the federal authorities in its dealing with of his case.
A doc sighted by correspondents states: “Upon receipt of the report, a preliminary investigation was carried out throughout which the next actions have been carried out:
“A request was despatched to the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) for a report on the suspect.
“A letter of investigation actions was despatched to Standard Chartered Bank, Union Bank and Heritage Bank to supply the statements of accounts of the suspect;
“A BVN search by way of the NIBSS platform was carried out on the suspect and 6 (6) extra accounts have been discovered to be linked or related to the suspect;
“The statements of accounts of the suspect were analyzed and further to that, a letter was written to Standard Chartered Bank requesting for additional information on suspicious activities in the account.”
There was nervousness yesterday over alleged restriction on the motion of Justice Onnoghen.
- NSITF BOARD: Delisting My Name As Board Chairman Is An Act of Oppression by Ngige – Comrade Kokori
- FORUM SEND SOS TO WORLD BANK ON CONSTRUCTION OF DELTA EROSION, FLOOD SITES
- BREAKING : Buhari finally Signs N30,000 New Minimum Wage.
- BREAKING: Onnoghen Guilty, CCT Bars Him From Public Office For 10 Years [ see full details]
- Ongoing Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited April 2019
- See the Photo of Nigerian footballer, Arrested In India With Hard Drugs
- Exxon Mobil 2019 Entry-Level Apprentice Program
- NESTLÉ NIGERIA TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME 2019 – AGBARA FACTORY
- VIDEO : Lizzy the cocaine Addict
- Akpabio, APC Leaders Fights over Ministerial Appointment