The Federal Government has declared Tuesday as public holiday to mark the Eid – el Maulud.
The Minister of Interior , Lt . -Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau ( retd ) , made the declaration on Friday in Abuja in a statement by Dr . Mohammed Umar , Permanent Secretary of the ministry .
Dambazau called on Muslim faithful to align themselves with the Prophet ’s teachings which border on piety , charity , tolerance and peaceful co- existence, among others .
He also called on all Nigerians to uphold these virtues with a view to overcoming the current national challenges facing the country.
Dambazau assured that the Federal Government remained committed to the unity of the country, and as such , would put adequate structures on ground towards ensuring that forthcoming general elections were credible , free and fair .
He wishes all Nigerians a joyous and peaceful Eid -el Maulud.
( NAN )
- NSITF BOARD: Delisting My Name As Board Chairman Is An Act of Oppression by Ngige – Comrade Kokori
- FORUM SEND SOS TO WORLD BANK ON CONSTRUCTION OF DELTA EROSION, FLOOD SITES
- BREAKING : Buhari finally Signs N30,000 New Minimum Wage.
- BREAKING: Onnoghen Guilty, CCT Bars Him From Public Office For 10 Years [ see full details]
- Ongoing Recruitment at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited April 2019
- See the Photo of Nigerian footballer, Arrested In India With Hard Drugs
- Exxon Mobil 2019 Entry-Level Apprentice Program
- NESTLÉ NIGERIA TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME 2019 – AGBARA FACTORY
- VIDEO : Lizzy the cocaine Addict
- Akpabio, APC Leaders Fights over Ministerial Appointment