The United Progressives Party (UPP) has adopted President Muhammadu Buhari as its candidate for the general elections in 2019.
UPP National Chairman, Chekwas Okorie, disclosed this to State House correspondents after meeting with the President on Friday in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
Mr Okorie said the adoption of President Buhari would be further confirmed when the UPP leaders meet on Tuesday next week.
He also denied reports that the people of the South East region have thrown their weight behind the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
Earlier, President Buhari faulted the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for allegedly mismanaging the nation’s resources.
The President stressed that although the forthcoming elections should not be a do or die affair, he would never support the opposition party to lead the country.
“Let anybody lead this country but not the PDP,” he was quoted as saying in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu.
The President added, “They (PDP) were so reckless with the resources of the country. The state of infrastructure we inherited was terrible – no roads, the railway was killed and power.
“They lacked conscience because anybody with a conscience will not do what they did. We will report them to Nigerians.”
- Sex For Marks: We won’t dance naked with you–AAU blasts Dr. Igbafe
- 2023 presidency race : Tinubu speaks on secret agenda
- Massive Recruitment at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited, April, 2019
- Ongoing Massive Recruitment at Rovedana Limited [ Over 400 Openings ]
- Ongoing Job Recruitment In A Reputable Manufacturing Company [ 8 Positions ]
- NAFDAC 2019/2020 Recruitment | All you need to know
- Easter Tragedy : 156 Kill in three Sri Lanka Cities’ Multiple Explosions
- Nigerian Court Sacks APC Rep-Elect
- Ongoing Recruitment at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited
- Appeal Court Withholds Judgement On Onnoghen’s Four Appeals